How To: Totally Ace Your Final Exams - Part 2

               Well, hello there, beautiful people! It has been a crazy week, but I am finally done with classes! However, this week is...



               Well, hello there, beautiful people! It has been a crazy week, but I am finally done with classes! However, this week is finals week, so I can't sit around and do nothing just yet (but almost). So last week I blogged about some study tips I had to help you guys kill your final exams. I had a pretty big list and I didn't want to make one huge blog post that was the length of a Harry Potter book last week, so I decided to split my list up into two parts. So here it is y'all: part two of how to totally ace your final exams!

Get comfy!
When you're doing some hard core studying, you don't want to be distracted by your clothing. How uncomfortable you are should be the last thing on your mind (if that's even an existing thought). I recommend wearing something that allows you to sit in literally any position and still feel comfortable. I usually wear a pair of leggings, an over-sized hoodie, and big fuzzy socks (or boots if I'm not at home) and call it a day.

Drink all the coffee.
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of pulling all-nighters and staying up super late when I have things to do the next day because I love to sleep. But life happens, and people get distracted (at least I do), so sometimes, you have to pull a couple all-nighters to get through the semester and the only way I get through this is by drinking coffee. Luckily, there are a ton of coffee shops on campus, so coffee is readily available pretty much anywhere I decide to study. But if I don't feel like spending money, I'll make my own. I'm not telling you to completely overdose on caffeine, but Starbucks has never done me wrong during a study session. Just saying...

Listen to music.
When I'm studying, Pandora and Spotify are my best friends. Though lately, Spotify has been the better friend. There is a station for everything! They have a playlist for literally any genre you want to listen to or any mood you're in. When I'm having an intense study session, I like to listen to instrumental music or anything without words. I recommend the Deep Focus and Nature Noise playlists. But for light work, such as simple review or blogging, I recommend the Smart is the New Sexy playlist and the Creativity Boost playlist (which is what I'm currently listening to while writing this). Another cool thing about Spotify is that if you're a college student, you can get Spotify Premium for only $4.99 per month instead of the regular price of $9.99 per month. Even though it really seems like it right now, I promise you that Spotify isn't paying me to say this. I just think it's that awesome.

Put your phone in Airplane Mode or Do Not Disturb Mode.
This is usually the first thing I do when I'm about to study. I prefer to put my phone in Do Not Disturb Mode instead of Airplane Mode just in case there's an emergency of some kind and I need to be contacted. Either way, the less distractions you have while studying, the better. If you're constantly getting notifications on your phone and you're constantly checking those notifications, not a lot of work is getting done and you'll easily increase your study time drastically. When you're studying, make sure that's what you're actually devoting your time and energy to.

Take breaks. You'll need them. 
This is crucial because a lot of people (including myself at times) just want to get through the material and be done with it. But once you get to the point where you're reading something and have no idea what you're reading, it's way past time for a break. Your brain needs time to process the material you've just gone over, so when you're taking a break, do something that takes your mind off of the subject. Get on your phone, eat a snack, or call your mom or something; it really doesn't matter, but it's important to clear your mind for a few minutes. I recently watched a video by Thomas Frank of CollegeInfoGeek.com about how to actively read your textbooks and it was incredibly helpful for me and I think it'd be incredibly helpful for you guys as well. You can watch that video here.

Try to get as much sleep as you can. 
I know that all-nighters are a thing and sometimes, you can't avoid them. But if you can, try to get some sleep. Being well-rested on the day of your exam is really beneficial. You'll wake up ready to take on the day and you'll thank yourself for it later.

Eat a good breakfast. 
I don't think I need to emphasize how important of a meal breakfast is. We've been hearing since grade school that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Taking an exam on an empty stomach will not work in your favor. If you can wake up a little earlier than you normally do so that you can eat a hot breakfast, that's great. But if all you have time for is a granola bar and a water bottle, it's better than not eating at all.

Reward yourself!
Yay! You've finally finished your final exams! Now you can rest up for next semester. I always love the feeling I get once I finish my last final exam because then I have about a month to do absolutely nothing until next semester. So reward yourself for the hard work you put in this semester; you deserve it. Stalk your favorite pinners on Pinterest, find a YouTube channel to obsess over and watch every video on that channel, or binge watch everything you can on Netflix. I do all of these things and it's great because I don't have to leave my bed to do any of it. I mean, you could be an actual human and get out of bed and socialize with your friends and family, too, but no pressure :-D

               That's about it for the rest of my study tips. I hope you guys found these tips helpful. And once again, good luck on your final exams!

With love from your girl,
Shatece

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Image Credits

Flickr Images