Day 17 - The Highs & Lows Of This Past Year (2014)

               I know that it's getting a little late for a 2014 recap, seeing as how pretty much every other blogger has done th...





               I know that it's getting a little late for a 2014 recap, seeing as how pretty much every other blogger has done that already, but this is today's question, so I'm sticking to it. This past year has definitely been interesting, to say the least, but it's had its share of ups and downs.

HIGHS

  • I auditioned and was accepted into the Bachelor of Fine Arts Acting program at my university. 
  • As of last semester, my GPA reached its highest point, which was awesome! 
  • I starred in multiple performances at my university (one I volunteered to perform in), which is something I hadn't done since middle school. 
  • I FINALLY got my braces. I know that most people would complain about having braces, but when you're in college and you've struggled with having bad your entire life, braces feel like a gift from God. 
  • I got a new TV. I know this isn't really important and is kind of materialistic, but I just got it and I'm still excited about it!
  • I grew as close as I could ever be to my close-knit group of college friends.
  • My brother (kind of', we're not related) is currently attending college with me. 

LOWS
  • Earlier in 2014 (towards the end of my second semester last year), life was getting the best of me. Remember my "Satisfied with Life (?)" post from last week? Well, all of the struggles that I mentioned in that post were really getting to me and I was pretty depressed for awhile. I was just not a fun person to be around. Time eventually fixed that problem. 
  • This past summer, I ended a friendship with a very close friend from high school. It wasn't a dramatic breakup or anything like that, but it was still painful. 
               As you can see from this list, I definitely had a lot more highs that lows within the past year, so I have things to be thankful for. Comment below and let me know what you loved (or hated) about 2014. 

With love from your girl, 
Shatece 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Image Credits

Flickr Images