Day 8 - Satisfied With Life (?)

               Well, hello there, beautiful people! This question is REALLY hard to answer, mostly because I feel as if I'm never...





               Well, hello there, beautiful people! This question is REALLY hard to answer, mostly because I feel as if I'm never fully satisfied. I'm not saying that I'm ungrateful or that I don't appreciate my life, but I feel as if I'm always working towards bettering my life so that I can get to the point of satisfaction.

               I remember the summer before my first year of college and I was so happy. I had just graduated high school and I got to spend the entire summer with my friends, I had just visited New York City, and I was excited to start my new life in college. Everything just seemed to be going right and I was completely satisfied with my life. Since college, a lot of things have changed, for better and for worse, but that's just how life after high school is sometimes. In college, you may lose contact with some of your old high school friends, your beliefs may be questioned and challenged, and as you grow into an adult, you start to figure out the things you like and don't like about yourself. Life gets freaking hard. So you have to try to figure out how to be happy now during this weird phase in life. At least, that's what I'm doing..

               To be honest, I don't know if I can say that I'm completely satisfied with life right now because there's so much more in life that I want to achieve. I can, however, say that for now, I can't complain about my life. Sure, things go wrong and there are challenges that I face from time to time. No one's life is perfect, but for now, I can't complain and I couldn't say that a year ago, so that's progress. I'm constantly motivated to better myself when I think about the woman I may be 5 years from now, or even 2 years from now. I feel content with life when I think about the future of this blog or the moment I'll be able to walk across the stage getting my degree or the places I'll go or the people I'll meet or the future of the friendships that I have already. Knowing that I'm still in the beginning phases of having the satisfying life that I want lets me know that I still have a lot to learn, and that motivates me to work harder. All of the experiences that I may have now are leading up to me being able to say that I love the woman I am because I worked hard to become her.

              Phew! That was a little difficult to get through, but I'm glad I chose that question to answer. So what about you guys? Are you content/satisfied in life or do you remember the last time you were? Let me know in the comments below.

With love from your girl,
Shatece 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Image Credits

Flickr Images