Blog Motivation- I'm Back in the Game!

Well hello there, beautiful people! QUICK NOTE: I'm currently listening to Pentatonix on Spotify while writing this post and ...





Well hello there, beautiful people!

QUICK NOTE: I'm currently listening to Pentatonix on Spotify while writing this post and they're giving me so much life right now! I just needed to share that...

               So I know that I've been gone for a while now (about two months, to be exact). I know, I know! That's terrible. Please don't judge me (though after two months, you have every right to). I promise you that I did NOT forget about this blog; I've actually been thinking about it quite a bit. This semester has been crazy busy for me, which I know is not an excuse, but it's true. In addition to the fact that my professors this semester are trying to kill me with homework and papers and projects and such, I've kind of been at a loss with this blog and I realized that this was because I was feeling uninspired. When I decided to start this blog, I jumped right into it, which was great, but I didn't think about what content I would publish or when I would publish anything... and then two months went by.

               Recently, my friend bought me Robin Houghton's book, Blogging for Creatives, which seemed to be just what I needed (seriously, I HIGHLY recommend this book). I became so inspired to continue blogging and to continue learning about this community that I just sort of threw myself into. I was making blogging way more complicated than it needed to be. I was freaking out over coming up with the best ideas, things that people hadn't read much of before and all I really needed to do was be myself. That was literally the point of me creating this blog- to express myself. I also realized that organizing a blog, in a way, ties into organizing other aspects of my life. I need to plan out creating blog content in the same way that I plan out completing my school work. With that being said, I am setting a goal to publish a blog post EVERY Monday. There. I said it. I've put it out there in the blogosphere, so now, I have to stick to it! This means that procrastinating blog posts won't cut it (which is a little difficult because I've procrastinated everything that I've ever done in life, like ever).

               Nonetheless, I am pushing forward with this blog and I am beyond excited to start creating completely new content and publishing it for you guys! I figured that if I can fully run a blog and maintain my GPA as a full-time college student, that would make me kind of awesome, right? No? Okay, then. So what is the point of this blog post exactly? I have absolutely no idea. I just wanted to share my excitement of the future of this blog with you guys and I can't wait to continue this journey with you all!

With love from your girl,
Shatece

P.S.  I just realized that this is this is the last post that I'll be publishing before Thanksgiving, so I'm going to take the time now to ask you all what your Thanksgiving plans are. Tweet me or comment down below to let me know what you guys are doing. I know I'll be eating my body weight in food, which is actually pretty impressive; I pride myself on that. Anyways, I hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving and that you're spending it with the people you're thankful for! :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Image Credits

Flickr Images