My Summer Goals for 2015

               Well hello there, beautiful people! These last couple of weeks have been very successfully kicking my butt, so I ...





               Well hello there, beautiful people! These last couple of weeks have been very successfully kicking my butt, so I apologize that I haven't posted anything in a while, but I'm back! I'm motivated and I'm very happy to say that I'm not as stressed out as I have been. I'm currently watching The Hangover while drinking orange juice out of an unnecessarily large mason jar. I also just starting watching a YouTube channel called Akaydoll (Kayla Lashae), which has been so amazingly inspirational for me. Needless to say, I'm having a great day and I'm so motivated to get this blog post up and start working hard on even better content! The semester is (finally) coming to an end. Actually, it already has ended. Classes ended last week and today is the start of finals week and I am definitely not going to complain about that. Summer is coming up and I have a few things planned already and I also have a few goals in mind, so let's get into it! 

John Mulaney Show
My friends and I just bought our tickets to see John Mulaney in Chicago on May 30th and I am beyond excited! He's an amazing comedian who will never know how much he has shaped the relationship that I have with my friends; we quote just about everything he says because he's so hilarious! 

Fitness Routine
I'm so ready to get in shape this summer. I've got dumbbells, a yoga mat, and a yoga pillow that I plan on using extensively this summer. I'm getting to that point in my life where I'm starting to realize that I need to be taking better care of my body and I figured that since I'll have a little bit more free time in the summer, I'll be able to create a fitness routine that I will actually have time to commit to. 

Employment 
In a couple of weeks, one of my best friends and I will be signing the lease to our first apartment! But of course, with any apartment, there's a down payment that's going to be due when we move in. This summer, I plan on working to save enough money for my half of that down payment as well as some other things. 

IKEA Trip
I recently went on a spontaneous trip to IKEA with a friend and it was my first time going. I fell in love with that store as soon as I walked through the doors. After a few hours of browsing every section of IKEA, I left with an end table and a serious goal to come back later to purchase basically everything that's going to go in the apartment. 

New Phone
I currently have an HTC Desire 601 from Virgin Mobile, which does pretty much everything that most smartphones do, but I'm ready for something new (I'm eyeing the iPhone 6 Plus). 

Read More
I have a list on my phone of books that I want to read, but I just haven't had time to read them while being in school. This summer, I want to set aside more time to check off some of those books that are on my reading list. 

Shopping
I don't go shopping often. It's actually been quite a few years since I've gone on an actual shopping trip and I think it's time to get myself a few things (preferably clothes and makeup). I'm leaving to go home for the summer on Tuesday, so I've been slowly packing up my dorm and I decided to throw out a lot of old jewelry, clothing, and makeup items that I don't need and/or can't use anymore. I feel great about getting rid of a lot of my old stuff, but now it's time to add to my clothing and makeup storage. 

Spending Time with Loved Ones
Getting an apartment is awesome, but it also means that I won't be coming home as often as I do now. I want to make sure that I devote enough time this summer to spend time with family and friends that I won't see in a while. 

Possible YouTube Channel (?)
This is a HUGE MAYBE because I currently don't have any good camera/film editing equipment to use, but I absolutely love YouTube and I've been thinking about starting my own channel for a while now. If things work out (financially and with having the time to do it), I'd definitely love to start a channel. 

               Those are just a few of my goals for the summer, though I'm sure I'll have more. Comment down below and let me know what goals you guys have for the summer. Do you have any fitness goals? Mental health goals? Are your plans to chill around the house all summer with Netflix and Hulu? That's definitely going to be a part of my summer as well. I'm looking forward to seeing the plans you guys have!

With love from your girl, 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Image Credits

Flickr Images