30 Days of Blogging Challenge - Day 1 - Current Relationship Status

               Well, hello there, beautiful people! If you read Monday's post, you'll remember me talking about how I want...






               Well, hello there, beautiful people! If you read Monday's post, you'll remember me talking about how I wanted to kick off the new year on this blog by doing the 30 Days of Blogging Challenge. By doing this, I plan on 1) finding ways to get better at blogging and 2) sharing more of my life with you guys. I'm really excited about this year so I wanted to start it off by doing what I love, which is blogging! For those of you who don't know what the 30 Days of Blogging Challenge is, it's basically a challenge that's put in place for bloggers (or any writers, really) to consistently post content every day for 30 days straight. There are a ton of variations to this challenge and they all come with a variety of different questions. The questions I will be answering come from two different blogging challenges: one from the 30 Day Challenge found on KatyWidrick.com, and the other one I randomly found on Pinterest (I tried to find the original source of this challenge, but I came up empty).  With that being said, let's get started!

Day 1: Your current relationship. If single, discuss how single life is.

               If I would have been asked this question about a year ago, I would have tried to avoid answering it by any means necessary. I was single then and I'm still single now, but my views on single life have changed drastically since then. As someone who has never been in a serious relationship before, I used to hate being single. Last year, one of my best friends got in a serious relationship and I kept wondering when it was going to happen for me.
               Within this past year, I've realized that now is the time for me to figure my life out before I get serious about sharing my life with another person. Now is the time that I need to focus on doing what I love and finding out what makes me happy. I recently read an article by Megan Sweet of HerCampus.com called"Why You Shouldn't Worry if You've Never Dated Anyone" and it was a HUGE eye opener for me (HerCampus.com has a lot of helpful articles like this one).
               If you feel upset about the fact that you've never been in a relationship before, it's okay. I feel the exact same way from time to time because after a while, being single gets really lonely. Sometimes, it can be hard seeing other couples so happy and in love when you can't share those same experiences. But I've learned that focusing on my own happiness really helps me understand the person I am, and that can be a strong foundation for figuring out the person I want to become. That way, when the right person comes along, I'll know exactly what my standards are and I'll know if that person meets them.
               It's easy to feel like everyone else is doing better than you are and our millennial generation is so competitive, we can't help but compare ourselves to other people, but we need to stop doing that. We're beautiful and awesome and unless we feel that way about ourselves, we can't expect other people to.

               So that's enough of my rant. Comment below with questions or comments, if you have any and stay tuned for tomorrow's post.

With love from your girl,
Shatece

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Image Credits

Flickr Images