Day 19 - The Places I've Lived

               It's no secret that I love traveling and I have a list of places that I'd love to go . Ironically, I haven...






               It's no secret that I love traveling and I have a list of places that I'd love to go. Ironically, I haven't actually been that far. All of the places I've lived in my life have all been in the great ol' state of Illinois.
               I was born in Chicago, Illinois, but I moved to the Quad Cities when I was about three years old. The Quad Cities (QC) is basically an area made up of four major counties consisting of about 5 cities on the borders of Illinois and Iowa (with a whole bunch of other smaller and more rural cities scattered around there, too). It's actually pretty convenient; I can get from where I live in Illinois to the urban parts of Iowa in less than 20 minutes if traffic isn't bad. Almost everywhere I've lived since moving from Chicago has been in the Quad City Area. Within the QCA, I've lived in East Moline, Silvis, Moline, and then back to East Moline. I'm aware that most people have no idea where on the map that is, but that's where I'm from. I currently live in Dekalb, Illinois, where I'm attending university.
               I used to feel kind of trapped in the Quad Cities before coming to college because I felt like the area was so small and I wanted to be in a more urban environment. But being away from the QC kind of makes me miss it. I love my university, but the city my university is in is smaller than the QC and makes me miss some of the convenient places in the QC that they don't have here in Dekalb. Nonetheless, I love being where I am... for now.

               Comment down below and let me know the places you guys have lived.

With love from your girl,
Shatece

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Image Credits

Flickr Images