Day 16 - My Views On Mainstream Music

               I chose this question for today specifically because I remember having a conversation with a friend of mine about main...





               I chose this question for today specifically because I remember having a conversation with a friend of mine about mainstream music, which he tries to stray away from. He doesn't personally have anything against mainstream music, but he thinks that it all sounds the same and that mainstream artists are losing more and more of their originality. I, on the other hand, disagree. I love all music; I don't care if it's underground music or mainstream music.
               I believe in being unique and creative and being yourself. Being different or straying away from what's perceived as normal can be great because it shows that we all have something unique to bring to the table. But it seems to me that everyone wants to either be a hipster who doesn't like anything modern or anything perceived as "normal" or to be a mainstream person who is trendy and tries to keep up with the latest fashion, entertainment, and technology. What about people who are a little bit of both? It's these labels that put people into unnecessary categories that we shouldn't be worried about. We should just focus on being ourselves. If you like mainstream music, that's fine and if you like to stick to strictly underground music, that's fine too. Don't feel like you need to put yourself into a category or stick to certain stereotypes within that category. And if you're like me and listen to any and everything under the sun, that's great too.

               How do you guys feel about mainstream music? Is it really as big of a deal as people make it out to be? Comment down below and let me know.

With love from your girl,
Shatece

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Image Credits

Flickr Images